A STARDOM match has been announced for Wrestle Kingdom 16, with the competitors determined through a special draw.
NJPW has confirmed that on the January 5 show, Mayu Iwatani will team with Starlight Kid to face off against Tam Nakano & Saya Kamitani.
STARDOM held a straw-drawing lottery to determine the teams for this interesting ‘intra-faction’ tag team bout.
Representatives of the five main stables in the promotion were first chosen. SWA Champion Syuri for Donna Del Mondo, Mayu Iwatani for STARS, Wonder of STARDOM Champion Tam Nakano for Cosmic Angels, High Speed Champion Starlight Kid for Oedo Tai, and Saya Kamitani was allowed to represent Queen’s Quest.
These representatives each drew a straw. Mayu Iwatani and Starlight Kid’s straws had blue-tipped straws, meaning they’ll be partners for the Tokyo Dome match. The straws drawn by Tam Nakano and Saya Kamitani were red. Syuri drew a colorless straw, indicating her elimination from the event.
The January 5 night of Wrestle Kingdom 16 will be headlined by an IWGP World Heavyweight Title match, with either Shingo Takagi or Kazuchika Okada set to defend against challenger Will Ospreay.
- Dolph Ziggler Wins First Title Since WWE Release
- Former WWE Star Wins Championship In NJPW Singles Debut
- WWE Breaks 23-Year Award Losing Streak
- Major Update On Brock Lesnar & Vince McMahon In WWE 2K24
- Roman Reigns Bloodline Member Trying To Join WWE
- Randy Orton Hilariously Reacts To John Cena Onlyfans Announcement
- WWE Star Arrives In Wrong Country For Major Show
- Former WWE Champion Still Hasn’t Re-Signed Despite Major Creative Plans
- WWE Star Retires Move After Recent Terrifying Botch
- The Rock’s Next WWE Appearance Revealed