It was announced during tonight’s episode of WWE NXT that in two weeks (March 4) there will be a big steel cage match taking place on the show.
At TakeOver: Portland this past Sunday, Raquel Gonzalez surprisingly interfered in the street fight between Dakota Kai and Tegan Nox, putting Nox through a table (well, trying to – it didn’t break) to help Kai pick up the win.
In a backstage interview on NXT, Gonzalez explained that she interfered because she was fed up of being overlooked and not given opportunities, the same situation Kai was in at TakeOver WarGames.
During the interview though, NXT General Manager William Regal walked in and declared that in two weeks, Nox and Kai will go at it once again, but this time there’ll be no outside interference because it will be inside a steel cage.
Even in a #SteelCageMatch against @TeganNoxWWE_? ?#WWENXT @DakotaKai_WWE pic.twitter.com/2h89i3PIEe
— WWE NXT (@WWENXT) February 20, 2020
The latest yellow brand steel cage match came on June 26 last year as Shayna Baszler retained the NXT Women’s Championship over Io Shirai, which is most memorable for Shirai turning heel on Candice LeRae.
- PHOTO: New WWE Undisputed Universal Championship Belt Revealed
- Seth Rollins’ First World Heavyweight Championship Defence Confirmed For June 5 WWE Raw
- Update On Drew McIntyre Amid Ongoing WWE Absence
- Top WWE Star ‘Demanded’ Current Run
- WWE Star Teases ‘Big News’ For Next Week
- What Happened With The Bloodline On SmackDown June 2
- Another New Theme For WWE Tag Team
- Popular Faction To Reunite On SmackDown?
- WWE Star Gets Married (Photo)
- WWE NXT Name Backstage At June 2 SmackDown Taping