A new report has revealed a major name that may be set to return to WWE when the company is sold.
On January 10 2023, it was announced that Stephanie McMahon had resigned from her position as co-CEO of WWE.
This followed Vince McMahon being brought back to WWE and unanimously voted as Executive Chairman of the Board of Directors. McMahon made his return to facilitate a sale of the company and the media rights deal.
Fightful Select (subscription required) provided an update on the WWE sale rumors, noting that numerous sources related to rumored buyers have indicated that Stephanie McMahon could be a desired return. One source at Disney said:
“these companies are doing their due diligence, they’re following the news cycles, regardless of their public levels of interest.”
“They’re aware of the things that would make audiences and staff happy. They believe Stephanie seemed to bring a lot of positive to the company. The company’s progression under Nick Khan was also played up.”
As previously reported, some within WWE are expecting that a sale of the company could be coming soon.
You can read more about the latest WWE sale conversation by clicking here.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- AEW Getting ‘More Aggressive’ In Major Stars’ Contract Negotiations
- Arena Shut Down ‘A Lot’ Of Ideas For AEW Double Or Nothing
- WWE Venue Contracts Reportedly Have Interesting AEW Clauses
- Update On Ace Steel’s Involvement In CM Punk-Led AEW Collision
- AEW’s Tay Melo Addresses In-Ring Future After Announcing Pregnancy
- PHOTO: New WWE Undisputed Universal Championship Belt Revealed
- Two AEW Stars Returning From Injury Soon
- Seth Rollins’ First World Heavyweight Championship Defence Confirmed For June 5 WWE Raw
- Popular Faction To Reunite On SmackDown?
- Update On Drew McIntyre Amid Ongoing WWE Absence