FaZe Clan has announced that WWE Chief Brand Officer Stephanie McMahon will join its Board of Directors ahead of FaZe Clan’s planned merger with B.Riley Principal 150 Merger Corp.
As first reported by Axios, McMahon will join the board as the esports brand prepares to go public, with the likes of Calvin ‘Snoop Dogg’ Cordozar Broadus Jr also set to be part of the board, post-merger.
FaZe shared the following on the planned Board of Directors, and Stephanie McMahon:
LOS ANGELES, Calif. – March 22, 2022 – FaZe Clan, Inc. (“FaZe Clan”) the lifestyle and media platform rooted in gaming and youth culture, today announced its anticipated Board of Directors to take effect upon consummation of FaZe Clan’s planned merger with B.Riley Principal 150 Merger Corp. (NASDAQ: BRPM) (“BRPM”), a publicly listed special purpose acquisition company. The merger is expected to close in the first half of 2022.
“We have assembled a best-in-class Board of Directors who bring broad and deep understanding of Gen Z and the rapidly changing digital media and entertainment landscape,” said Lee Trink, CEO of FaZe Clan. “I am excited to work with this fantastic group and benefit from their insights and guidance as we enter the public market and execute our multi-platform monetization strategy to create long-term shareholder value.”
FaZe Clan’s post-merger Board of Directors is expected to be comprised of:
- Lee Trink, Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder, FaZe Clan and Chairman of the Board
- Angela Dalton, Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Signum Growth Capital
- Calvin “Snoop Dogg” Cordozar Broadus Jr., American rapper, singer, songwriter, actor, record producer, DJ, media personality and business entrepreneur
- Daniel Shribman, Chief Investment Officer of B. Riley Financial
- Mickie Rosen, Director of several US and Australian companies and Principal of Mickie Rosen Consulting
- Nick Lewin, General Partner of Crown Predator Holdings
- Paul Hamilton, Co-Owner and Chief Executive Officer of Atlanta Esports Ventures, President and Chief Executive Officer of The Greenspun Corporation and Principal of Province Inc.
- Ross Levinsohn, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of The Arena Group (formerly theMaven,Inc.)
- Stephanie McMahon, Chief Brand Officer, World Wrestling Entertainment
- Zach Katz, Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Carte Blanche
Ms. McMahon has served on the boards of directors of World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (the “WWE”) since 2015; of the Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh Foundation since 2015; and of the Metropolitan Washington-Baltimore chapter of The United Service Organizations Inc. since 2011. Ms. McMahon has also served since 2013 as Chief Brand Officer of WWE, where she is responsible for ensuring WWE’s global brand strength and growth across all lines of business, overseeing its Brand, Marketing, Creative Services, Community Relations and Pop Culture strategies, as well as its Global Sales and Partnerships Division. Prior to her role as CBO, Ms. McMahon was Executive Vice President of Creative for WWE, and was the first woman to lead WWE’s Creative Writing, Digital Media, Talent Relations, Talent Brand Management and Live Events businesses. Ms. McMahon is also a Henry Crown Fellow within the Aspen Global Leadership Network at the Aspen Institute and an Eisenhower Fellow. Ms. McMahon earned a B.S. from Boston University and in 2013 was named a Distinguished Alumna of its College of Communication.
ABOUT FAZE CLAN
FaZe Clan is a digital-native lifestyle and media platform rooted in gaming and youth culture, reimagining traditional entertainment for the next generation. Founded in 2010 by a group of kids on the internet, FaZe Clan was created for and by Gen Z and Millennials, and today operates across multiple verticals with transformative content, tier-one brand partnerships, a collective of notable talent, and fashion and consumer products. Reaching over 500 million followers across social platforms globally, FaZe Clan delivers a wide variety of entertainment spanning video blogs, lifestyle and branded content, gaming highlights and live streams of highly competitive gaming tournaments. FaZe Clan’s roster of more than 85 influential personalities consists of engaging content creators, esports professionals, world-class gamers and a mix of talent who go beyond the world of gaming, including NFL star Kyler “FaZe K1” Murray, Lebron “FaZe Bronny” James Jr., Lil Yachty aka “FaZe Boat” and Offset aka “FaZe Offset.” Its gaming division includes ten competitive esports teams who have won over 30 world championships. FaZe Clan recently announced plans to go public through a merger with B. Riley Principal 150 Merger Corp. (NASDAQ: BRPM), a special purpose acquisition company. Learn more at fazeclan.com/public . For more information, visit www.fazeclan.com , investor.fazeclan.com and follow FaZe Clan on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, and Twitch.
You can read the full statement, with more information on the rest of the board members, at this link.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Kenny Omega On Comparisons To Former WWE Champion: ‘I Take The L’
- VIDEO: MJF Pays Homage To WWE Star At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- AEW All In Surpasses Impressive WWE Event Record
- Major Heel Turn Ends AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- WWE Raw Star Zoey Stark Explains Alliance With Trish Stratus
- PHOTO: CM Punk Spotted With AEW Star After Double Or Nothing
- Injury Update After AEW Anarchy In The Arena Match At Double Or Nothing
- WWE Star Makes History With Huge Title Win
- Rhea Ripley & Dominik Mysterio Respond To Being Namedropped At AEW Double Or Nothing
- Tony Khan Courting Goldberg For AEW All In?