UPDATE – WWE has now announced Vince McMahon will be appearing on SmackDown tonight – read more here.
WWE has released the following:
STAMFORD, Conn.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– WWE and its Board of Directors jointly released the following statement today:
Independent directors continue review of alleged executive misconduct
Stephanie McMahon named interim CEO and interim Chairwoman
Stamford, Conn. – WWE (NYSE: WWE) and the Board of Directors today announced that a Special Committee of the Board is conducting an investigation into alleged misconduct by its Chairman and CEO Vincent McMahon and John Laurinaitis, head of talent relations, and that, effective immediately, McMahon has voluntarily stepped back from his responsibilities as CEO and Chairman of the Board until the conclusion of the investigation. McMahon will retain his role and responsibilities related to WWE’s creative content during this period and remains committed to cooperating with the review underway.
The Special Committee has appointed Stephanie McMahon to serve as interim CEO and interim Chairwoman.
“I have pledged my complete cooperation to the investigation by the Special Committee, and I will do everything possible to support the investigation. I have also pledged to accept the findings and outcome of the investigation, whatever they are,” said Mr. McMahon.
“I love this company and am committed to working with the Independent Directors to strengthen our culture and our Company; it is extremely important to me that we have a safe and collaborative workplace. I have committed to doing everything in my power to help the Special Committee complete its work, including marshaling the cooperation of the entire company to assist in the completion of the investigation and to implement its findings,” said Ms. McMahon.
WWE and its Board of Directors take all allegations of misconduct very seriously. The Independent Directors of the Board engaged independent legal counsel to assist them with an independent review. In addition, the Special Committee and WWE will work with an independent third-party to conduct a comprehensive review of the company’s compliance program, HR function and overall culture.
The Company and the Board do not expect to have further comment until the investigation is concluded.
We will continue to provide more details on this story as they emerge. You can find all further updates at this link.
- AEW Star Announces Real-Life Brother Joining The Company
- WWE Star Set For First Match In Nine Months
- Triple H Praises Top Star After WWE Elimination Chamber
- Seth Rollins Injury Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 40
- Potential WWE Signing Shares Emotional Goodbye After Farewell Match
- Drew McIntyre Vs. Seth Rollins Set For WrestleMania 40, More Matches Potentially Revealed
- CM Punk Sends Emotional Message To WWE Fans Ahead Of Elimination Chamber 2024
- Seth Rollins Reacts To Becky Lynch Winning WWE Elimination Chamber Match
- Cody Rhodes Challenges The Rock To One-On-One WWE Match
- Scrapped World Heavyweight Championship Match For Elimination Chamber 2024 Revealed