Stephanie McMahon has penned an open letter to WWE fans ahead of WWE’s return to live crowds.
Friday’s SmackDown will be the first main roster show WWE has had with fans since March of 2020 other than WrestleMania 37. SmackDown will also be the go-home show for Money in the Bank, which will also feature fans.
Stephanie McMahon said:
For over a year and a half, WWE has been missing the lifeblood of our shows, our fans. No matter how hard we tried, never going off the air and continuing to produce our live content; investing in new technologies and bringing nearly one million people around the world into our shows virtually, it just wasn’t the same. We were missing our soundtrack, missing the shared experience, missing the visceral and emotional reaction that makes every bump and bruise worth it.
That all changes tomorrow night. Please watch this tribute video as shared by our Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon on Twitter this morning, and join us in opening our doors and our arms to welcome our fans back home, where we all belong.
Thank you to our friends, partners, employees, Superstars, and of course, our fans, for hanging in there all this time. The wait is officially over.
See you tomorrow!
Her father, Vince McMahon posted the following message to Twitter earlier today.
— Vince McMahon (@VinceMcMahon) July 15, 2021
- Sting Pulled From AEW Double Or Nothing Weekend Due To Injury
- WWE Announces Change To Money In The Bank Location
- AEW Announces Championship Belt Redesign
- Bobby Lashley Teases Brock Lesnar WWE Return
- Another AEW Double Or Nothing Match To Be Added?
- Nikkita Lyons Provides Injury Update After Being Pulled From NXT 2.0
- Full Audio: Pre-AEW Double Or Nothing Media Call With Tony Khan
- Update On How Long Stephanie McMahon Will Be Away From WWE
- MJF Says ‘F**k This Place’ In Response To Tony Khan’s Comments About Him
- Paul London Says He Was ‘Shut Down Immediately’ When Reaching Out About AEW Role