WWE Chairwoman and co-CEO Stephanie McMahon has addressed her leave of absence being cut short earlier this year.
On May 19, Stephanie McMahon announced that she would be taking an indefinite leave of absence from her position as WWE Chief Brand Officer.
She took almost a month away, before being named the interim WWE Chairwoman and CEO on June 17, following the announcement that Vince McMahon was stepping away from these roles.
After Vince McMahon announced his retirement on July 22, Stephanie McMahon was officially named the new Chairwoman and co-CEO, with President Nick Khan also becoming a co-CEO.
When asked about her leave of absence on WWE’s Q2 2022 earnings call, Stephanie confirmed that she took the leave of absence to spend time with her family.
Stephanie noted that she wasn’t forced into returning, she accepted an offer to come back.
Per Brandon Thurston of Wrestlenomics, Stephanie stated:
“This business is something I believe in to my core.”
Stephanie’s husband, Triple H took over WWE creative following Vince McMahon’s departure.
Stephanie says she took a leave of absence realizing she needed time with family. She got about 3 weeks. She was not forced into returning, she says. She offered. "This business is something I believe in to my core."
— Brandon Thurston (@BrandonThurston) August 16, 2022
If you’re in the UK but didn’t manage to get tickets to Clash at the Castle on September 3, WrestleTalk is hosting a watch party at The Joiner on Worship in Shoreditch, London, and we’d love for you to join us! Click here for more details.
- WWE Raw Star Moved Back To NXT, Reforms Tag Team
- Update On Whether Jungle Boy Has Officially Undergone Name Change
- The Incredible Story Of Deaf WWE NXT Wrestler Myles Borne
- Thunder Rosa Comments On Saraya’s AEW Debut
- Saraya Teases Match With Popular AEW Star
- Update On When Elias Will Return To WWE Television
- Darby Allin Gets Stitches Following AEW Rampage Grand Slam (Photo)
- WWE Raw Star Explains What Triple H Tells WWE Stars Before They Go Out
- The Hilarious Reason Teddy Long Is Trending On Twitter
- WWE Hall Of Famer Recalls Batista Being Difficult To Work With