Hours after the announcement that Vince McMahon has retired from WWE, his daughter Stephanie McMahon will open tonight’s SmackDown.
Stephanie has been named co-CEO of WWE alongside Nick Khan, replacing Vince.
Vince has also relinquished his creative duties, which are believed to have been handed over to Bruce Prichard.
WWE simply tweeted the following:
Friday Night SmackDown will begin with Stephanie McMahon addressing the WWE Universe. What will this mean for the blue brand? Find out tonight at 8/7 C on FOX.
Breaking News: @StephMcMahon is kicking off the showhttps://t.co/s8ldIt0YGV pic.twitter.com/I3sNwmKg1T
— WWE (@WWE) July 22, 2022
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- Seth Rollins First WWE World Heavyweight Title Defense Revealed
- Former WWE Star Reveals ‘Hypnosis’ Storyline Pitch To End Comedy Character
- Alexa Bliss Reveals In-Ring Return Preparations Prior To Pregnancy
- Top Star Explains Why He Didn’t Sign With WWE
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star
- Major WWE Star Undergoing Surgery?