WWE Hall of Famer Stone Cold Steve Austin has named the two stars he believes are the biggest draws in wrestling today.
Speaking with Bill Apter of Sportskeeda, Austin praised Brock Lesnar for his longevity in the combat sports world.
Arguing that Lesnar and Undisputed WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns are the current biggest draws in the business, Austin said:
“He is still, after almost 20 years, the biggest draw, him and Roman, in the business today. Brock Lesnar has had one of the most amazing, different runs in the history of the business, and no one will ever do it like Brock Lesnar has done it. Whether it is Suplex City or in the Octagon, or whatever it is, Brock is doing.”
Roman Reigns won the Universal Championship in August 2020 and unified it with the WWE Title after defeating Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 38 in a title unification bout that was marketed as the biggest WrestleMania match of all-time.
Lesnar unsuccessfully challenged for Reigns’ Undisputed WWE Universal Title at SummerSlam in July. While Lesnar appeared to tease his retirement following the show, The Beast has been featured on advertising for upcoming events.
Reigns most recently defended the title at Clash At The Castle, defeating Drew McIntyre.
A big update has emerged on WWE’s plans for Reigns’ title run, which you can read more about right here.
Stay up to date with WWE win/loss records for 2022 using our tracker at this link.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Dave Meltzer Responds To Latest CM Punk Controversy
- Report: How ‘Majority’ Of AEW Roster Feel Toward CM Punk Revealed
- Former AEW TNT Champion Considering A WWE Move?
- WWE ‘Higher Up’ Reveals Real Backstage Reaction To Rise Of Sami Zayn
- Report: WWE To Introduce New Championship Belt ‘Soon’
- Next WWE Hall Of Fame 2023 Inductee Announced
- Potential Spoiler On Change To WrestleMania 39 Match
- AEW Name Opens Up About Training Action Star’s Daughter
- Top Star Argues WWE’s Investment In Roman Reigns Has Only Just Started Paying Off
- Top WWE Star Working WrestleMania 39 With Broken Arm