Speaking with Paste Magazine, All Elite Wrestling (AEW) star Sting has questioned if The Undertaker refused to work with him while the pair were both with WWE.
After Sting joined WWE in 2014, many fans thought we’d eventually see the WCW icon go one-on-one with The Undertaker, but the match never came to fruition, and Sting has brought up the possibility of The Undertaker turning down the match:
“No. No. To this day, I honestly don’t know. I don’t even know, it could be Taker. Maybe Taker just never really wanted to work with me. Maybe they brought it up and he kind of snubbed his nose and said he didn’t really want to do that. For whatever reason, even though Taker and I have always gotten along great. I don’t think he has issues with me, I certainly don’t have any issues with him. I just have a great amount of respect for him. But I have no idea why that match never happened.”
It has been revealed previously that Sting actually pitched the idea of a cinematic match with The Undertaker while the pair were both working for WWE, but the company decided not to go with it.
With Sting now working with AEW and The Undertaker officially wrapping up his wrestling career last year at Survivor Series, it seems incredibly unlikely that we will ever see that dream match now.
Sting will team with Darby Allin to take on Ethan Page and Scorpio Sky at AEW Double Or Nothing tonight which is available on pay-per-view in the US and FITE internationally.
- Spoiler On Karrion Kross WWE SmackDown Presentation
- Roman Reigns Status For WWE Extreme Rules Revealed
- Kayla Braxton Transitioning To WWE Commentator Role?
- What Does WBD Taking Over BT Sport Mean For WWE & AEW In The UK?
- Another Big Sign NXT’s Santos Escobar Is Heading To Main Roster
- Another WWE Star Expected To Get Old Name Back
- Update On Major AEW Stars’ Contract Lengths
- Match Results From WWE WrestleMania 39 Launch Party
- Road Dogg Had ‘Serious Arguments’ With Vince McMahon About AJ Styles
- Spoiler For Planned Return On August 12 SmackDown