On the Winter is Coming special edition of AEW: Dynamite, WWE Hall of Famer and WCW Legend Sting made his AEW debut.
It was reported on the actual program he had inked a multi-year deal with the company. PWInsider was able to release some details regarding the contract via a press release from AEW.
“The surprise introduction of Sting was a great way to celebrate our biggest episode of Dynamite yet,” said Tony Khan, CEO and GM of AEW. “When AEW launched, I was ecstatic to bring wrestling back to TNT after a very long absence. Sting defeated the legendary Ric Flair in the final wrestling match to be shown on TNT for more than 18 years until the debut of Dynamite in 2019. Now, almost two decades later, it’s such a thrill to welcome Sting to AEW and bring him back home to TNT!”
During the show, AEW also announced Sting would be appearing on next week’s show to speak about his intentions in AEW.
Based on his debut, it would appear he will have some form of interaction with Cody and/or Darby Allin.
This seems like a huge, huge deal for AEW. Next week’s episode will likely pop a huge rating as many fans will want to hear what the legend has to say.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- WWE Accidentally Leaks Scrapped WrestleMania 39 Plan
- WWE Confirms Vince McMahon An Employee Of The Company
- Big Matt Riddle WWE Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- CM Punk Spotted In Los Angeles With Two AEW Stars (PHOTO)
- Major Star In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Return Rumors
- The Usos Break Character To Praise Sami Zayn Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- Triple H Has Big Plans For WWE Raw Star
- WWE To Scrap Planned Title Change?
- Carmella’s Role At WWE WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- Plans For Popular WWE Star ‘On Hold’ Until After WrestleMania 39