A number of matches were announced for AEW Double or Nothing last night. Amidst the chaos, a stipulation was also added to one of the matches.
Hikaru Shida will challenge Nyla Rose for the AEW Women’s Championship at the event. Now, we know that match will be held under No Disqualification, No Countout rules.
The stipulation stems from an attack on Shida from Rose last night. While Shida attempted to give a post-match interview, Rose walked up and hit her with a kendo stick. Now, Shida has the opportunity to get a measure of revenge on Rose.
Shida had been the number one ranked contender for a while but last night’s win put her over the top. She was able to defeat Penelope Ford in a four-way match also featuring Kris Statlander and Britt Baker on Dynamite last night. Afterward, the title match was announced for the pay per view.
The full card for Double or Nothing is as follows:
- AEW World Championship Match – Jon Moxley (c) vs. Brodie Lee
- AEW Women’s Championship No DQ, No Countout Match – Nyla Rose (c) vs. Hikaru Shida
- TNT Championship Match – Cody vs. Lance Archer
- MJF vs. Jungle Boy
- Casino Ladder Match For An AEW World Title Shot – Darby Allin vs. Colt Cabana vs. Orange Cassidy vs. Rey Fenix vs. Scorpio Sky
- AEW World Tag Team Championship Number One Contenders Match – Best Friends vs. Private Party
- Britt Baker vs. Kris Statlander
- Stadium Stampede Match – The Elite vs. The Inner Circle
Are you looking forward to Double or Nothing? Let us know on Twitter!