Two WWE Hall of Famers have disputed rumors that they hate each other.
Stone Cold Steve Austin and Jeff Jarrett have heard rumors of heat between the two stemming from their time together in WWE.
Appearing on Broken Skull Sessions, Jarrett put those rumors to bed that he and Austin had heat with one another.
Double J explained:
“People wanted to latch on and different stories came out. I can’t tell you how many interviews I’ve done and said, ‘Man, Stone Cold hates your stinking guts. Why?’”
When discussing Steve Austin’s time working Jeff Jarrett’s father in the Memphis area, the WWE Hall of Famer said:
“The first time I laid eyes on you, my dad said, ‘Hey, I want you to see this kid’. My dad’s like, he loved you and he goes, ‘What did you think?’ And I go, ‘Dad, he ain’t a kid.’”
Rumors said that Stone Cold Steve Austin didn’t want to feud with Jarrett during his time on top in 1998 when the former multi-time Intercontinental Champion made his return to WWE from WCW.
Quotes via Wrestling Inc.
- Major WWE Star Seemingly Injured During Match
- Potential Spoiler For Huge WWE Star Appearing At NXT Deadline
- CM Punk WWE NXT Plans Confirmed
- TNA Wrestling Partners With WWE Parent Company Streaming Service
- WWE Star Still On Active Roster Despite New Role
- Triple H Reacts To CM Punk WWE NXT Plans
- CM Punk Appears At WWE NXT Deadline
- Dominik Mysterio Loses Championship To WWE Main Roster Star
- WWE Star To Wrestle Match With Broken Hand
- Big Clue AEW Star Is Preparing To Join WWE?