Two-time WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair is set to take part in his last match over SummerSlam weekend at the ‘Ric Flair’s Last Match’ event at Starrcast.
Flair is set to team with Andrade El Idolo against WWE’s Jeff Jarrett and AEW’s Jay Lethal in the main event of the show, which has been polarising to say the least.
Another man who had his last match this year was ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin, who wrestled his first match in 19 years against Kevin Owens in the main event of WrestleMania 38 Night One.
Austin spoke to SportsKeeda’s Bill Apter, where he gave his honest thoughts on Flair stepping into the ring one last time at 73 years old.
“Well, it’s gonna be his final match, so I guess he’s in the mood to have one more go and prove he was the man. I’ve said before just talking to you I think he was the greatest traveling world champion that there ever was. There’s a reason he had the belt as many times as he did. He was that damn good. He lived the lifestyle on the road to the nth degree, let’s say.”
Flair is currently dealing with a foot injury ahead of his last match.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Kenny Omega On Comparisons To Former WWE Champion: ‘I Take The L’
- AEW All In Surpasses Impressive WWE Event Record
- VIDEO: MJF Pays Homage To WWE Star At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- WWE Raw Star Zoey Stark Explains Alliance With Trish Stratus
- PHOTO: CM Punk Spotted With AEW Star After Double Or Nothing
- Injury Update After AEW Anarchy In The Arena Match At Double Or Nothing
- Rhea Ripley & Dominik Mysterio Respond To Being Namedropped At AEW Double Or Nothing
- WWE Star Makes History With Huge Title Win
- Backstage Praise For AEW Star At Double Or Nothing
- Jade Cargill Breaks Silence After AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Loss