Stone Cold Steve Austin has commented on the possibility of an appearance at WrestleMania 39 next year.
Austin headlined the first night of WrestleMania 38 with a match against Kevin Owens, then appeared in the penultimate segment of night two to hit Austin Theory, Vince McMahon and Pat McAfee with Stunners.
Speaking on the Brewbound Podcast, Austin noted that he can never say never, following his return to the ring at this year’s event.
Noting that he’ll be in California next April if Vince McMahon gives him a call, Austin said:
Well, for me to participate in WrestleMania 38, if you would’ve told me, ‘Hey man, you’re gonna be a part of WrestleMania 38. Not only that, you’re gonna main event night one,’ I would’ve said you’re full of s**t and you’re crazy, but there I was in Dallas, Texas, headlining main event on day one so, never say ‘never’.
“I would really imagine that within the scope of that show, that’s gonna be a big show in a big time city and it’ll be a two-night event again so, I’m not — I’m sure I’m done wrestling per se, but as a part of WWE, I can’t imagine I would not be there in some capacity and I’m not booking myself on the show because I didn’t book myself on 38. That’s a Vince (McMahon) thing and I have a great relationship with him and if I get the call, I’ll be there.”
Austin’s match with Kevin Owens was his first full bout in 19 years.
WrestleMania 39 will take place on April 1&2, 2023, from California’s SoFi Stadium.
Stay up to date with WWE win/loss records for 2022 using our tracker at this link.
Transcription via POST Wrestling.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Official WrestleMania 39 Night One & Two Lineups Revealed
- Newest Update On Bobby Lashley Vs. Bray Wyatt WrestleMania 39 Status
- Revealed: Will Vince McMahon Be At WrestleMania 39
- Report: AEW Star’s Contract Has Expired
- AEW Star Legitimately Injured On Dynamite
- Confirmation Of Big Change For WrestleMania 39 Match
- Shock Return & Heel Turn On AEW Dynamite
- Tony Khan To Retire Championship Belt Design
- Update On Legitimate Injury During AEW Dynamite
- AEW All Access Reveals Young Bucks Considered Retirement After All Out