While speaking with ESPN, Stone Cold Steve Austin has commented on the controversial comments that The Undertaker made about the current WWE locker room while appearing on the Joe Rogan Experience podcast.
For those that haven’t seen, The Undertaker called the current WWE roster ‘soft’, and Stone Cold Steve Austin had the following to say when asked about the comparisons between today’s roster and the roster from when he was working:
“You’re spot on in saying that today is a different era. It’s a more athletic product, the guys and girls are better athletes than we were. Growing up, I was a big fan of promotions such as NWA, Mid South, and WCCW as well, and during the Attitude Era, we really pushed the envelope creatively. I just think the business was a lot more protected back then, and it was a grittier product, which is what I thrive on.”
“That said, all due resect to all the men and women of WWE for working through the pandemic, and without crowds. When you watch the football games even with even 25 percent capacity of crowds, those fans really affect your performance. This is especially true in professional wrestling because that’s how you get your feedback in your decision-making process. I miss the crowds. But yes, it is a different product today.”
Current Universal Champion Roman Reigns recently took some shots at The Undertaker in response to his controversial comments, saying that the legend is just a “retired guy trying to sound gangster’.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
Thanks to Ringside News for the transcription.
- Dave Meltzer Responds To Latest CM Punk Controversy
- Former AEW TNT Champion Considering A WWE Move?
- WWE ‘Higher Up’ Reveals Real Backstage Reaction To Rise Of Sami Zayn
- Report: How ‘Majority’ Of AEW Roster Feel Toward CM Punk Revealed
- Report: WWE To Introduce New Championship Belt ‘Soon’
- Next WWE Hall Of Fame 2023 Inductee Announced
- AEW Name Opens Up About Training Action Star’s Daughter
- Potential Spoiler On Change To WrestleMania 39 Match
- Top Star Argues WWE’s Investment In Roman Reigns Has Only Just Started Paying Off
- Top WWE Star Working WrestleMania 39 With Broken Arm