WWE Hall of Famer ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin has found himself in the news a lot lately.
Reports emerged recently that WWE had reached out to Stone Cold for another match in the company.
Austin wrestled his first match in 19 years in the main event of WrestleMania 38 this year, and was said to be thrilled with how it went.
Once the reports emerged that WWE had reached out to Stone Cold, Austin had posted videos of him training and working out to his Instagram account.
Naturally this led to speculation that Austin was training for a potential WWE return to coincide with the rumours.
Austin took to Instagram today to address the speculation, where he spoke about the real reason he started working out.
“People have been speculating, ‘Hey Steve, what are you doing? What are you training for? Are you training for an event?’
“I just simply looked in the mirror and realized I look like s**t so I called my diet coach up and my macros are currently, give or take, roughly around 2650 calories 300-320 grams of protein, 150 grams of carbs on a regular day, will spike at 420 on a load up. I still drink beer on Friday nights. Get 3 Broken Skull IPAs and that’s pretty much it.
“I’m probably, as far as body weight goes, sub-232, the leanest I’ve been in forever. Anyway, I’m out. I just got tired of looking In the mirror, I got tired of looking like s**t, so I’m taking action to do something about it. I gotta go. Catch you down the road.”
Austin’s WWE rival The Rock chimed in on Austin’s video, commenting about his love for the WWE Hall of Famer, saying:
“Maaaan for everyone watching this, let me just say that how Steve is talking here, is exactly how talks in person and why we became brothers. Straight up, direct, no bullshit. Good or bad. You’ll always get the real. Keep kicking ass my brother and you know I gotta say it, “thank you for the house,'”
The Rock has also been speculated about a potential return at next year’s WrestleMania.
transcription via Fightful
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Tony Khan Announces Newest AEW Signing
- Report: Worrying Lack Of Fan Interest In WWE Survivor Series WarGames
- The Undertaker Says Current WWE Star Has ‘Never Been A Bigger Star’
- Shocking End To MJF’s First Appearance As AEW World Champion
- Tony Khan Open To This WWE Hall Of Famer Wrestling For AEW
- Injured AEW Star Returning Soon?
- Another Current Champion In WWE Reaches Impressive Milestone
- WWE Hall Of Famer Explains Why He Respects Vince McMahon ‘Now More Than Ever’
- Huge Return Kicks Off AEW Dynamite
- Current AEW Star Has High Praise For CM Punk