One of WrestleMania 39’s prominent topics of discussion prior to the event was whether Stone Cold Steve Austin would be wrestling in Hollywood and who he would be facing.
While names such as Roman Reigns, Brock Lesnar and LA Knight were rumored, in the end no match materialized.
Despite this however, it seems that next time may be the charm as speaking to Chris Van Vliet on his Insight podcast, Austin would suggest openness to a match at WrestleMania 40 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Austin said in regards to lacing up his boots for next year’s Mania:
“I could. I’m not going to sit here and lobby for one because that’d be silly.
“It’s a year away, but a year away in this business goes like that… So in the future, I’m not lobbying for it, but could anything happen? Yes. Because I always say never say never.”
While reasons such as Austin’s schedule as well as physical preparation have been stated as a reason for his lack of an appearance in Hollywood, it seems like a possibility that we could see Austin back in the ring next year on April 6 or 7.
Transcript courtesy of SE Scoops.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- WWE Announces Nine New Signings
- How Many Tickets CM Punk Immediately Moved For AEW Collision In Chicago
- AEW Getting ‘More Aggressive’ In Major Stars’ Contract Negotiations
- Arena Shut Down ‘A Lot’ Of Ideas For AEW Double Or Nothing
- Update On Ace Steel’s Involvement In CM Punk-Led AEW Collision
- AEW’s Tay Melo Addresses In-Ring Future After Announcing Pregnancy
- WWE Venue Contracts Reportedly Have Interesting AEW Clauses
- Possible Spoiler On A New Title Belt To Be Introduced On June 2 WWE SmackDown
- Two AEW Stars Returning From Injury Soon
- Date For Major WWE International Show Revealed?