WWE is set to return to Ford Field in Detroit, Michigan for the first time since WrestleMania 23, when SummerSlam heads to the stadium this Summer.
Tickets for the big event in the Motor City officially went on sale last week, and it seems as though the company are already seeing a big return on their investment.
Per Sports Business Journal, the company has already sold 32,000 tickets for the show four months out.
This impressive number is the largest day-one sale for any stadium event outside of WrestleMania in the history of the company.
Several big matches have been speculated for the show in August, but so far no matches have been officially announced for the show.
WRKD Wrestling has reported that one of those matches will be Becky Lynch vs Trish Stratus.
One match that is reportedly not planned for the show is Brock Lesnar vs. Gunther, with WWE reportedly not having plans for the match to take place at SummerSlam.
.@WWE sold more than 32K tickets for #SummerSlam 🎟️
This is the largest day-one sale for any stadium event outside of #WrestleMania in company history. pic.twitter.com/VGmiRPDzzA
— Sports Business Journal (@SBJ) April 17, 2023
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Referee Bump In AEW Dynamite Main Event Leads To Controversial Finish
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For June 9, 2023
- Kris Statlander Retains TBS Championship, AEW Rampage To Feature Big Women’s Match
- Spoilers On Popular Star’s ROH Debut
- Paul Heyman Reveals Vince McMahon’s Involvement In Turning Roman Reigns Heel
- PHOTO: Top AEW Star Shows Off New Head Tattoo
- Real Reason WWE Planned Seth Rollins Vs. Bron Breakker
- WWE ‘Real, Real High’ On Recently Debuted Stars
- AEW Referee To Wrestle In Upcoming Match
- WWE Creative Decision Made Roman Reigns Say ‘I’ve Had Enough’