FOX has advertised that the final 30 minutes of the October 15 ‘supersized’ SmackDown will air commercial free on FS1.
During Saturday’s Iowa vs. Penn State college football game, it was confirmed that the last half-hour of next Friday’s show will air uninterrupted.
Already announced for the show are semi-final matches for the King of the Ring and Queens Crown tournaments. Finn Balor is set to face Sami Zayn for a spot in the men’s tournament final, while Carmella and Zelina Vega will meet to determine who will advance one step closer to the Queen’s Crown. Both tournament finals will take place during Crown Jewel on October 21.
Sonya Deville will return to the ring on the special episode of SmackDown to finally face off against Naomi. Deville hasn’t wrestled since losing a ‘Loser Leaves WWE’ match to Mandy Rose at SummerSlam 2020.
SmackDown Women’s Champion Becky Lynch vs Sasha Banks, and the return of Brock Lesnar, have also been confirmed for the episode.
The final half hour of the ‘supersized’ SmackDown will clash with the beginning of AEW Rampage. Tony Khan previously noted that he ‘can’t wait’ for Rampage to beat SmackDown directly with ratings.
Khan has since said that he’d like there to be ‘competitive spirit‘ between AEW and WWE.
- Hit Row Return On WWE SmackDown
- Tony Khan Officially Announces Parker Boudreaux Is All Elite
- Tyson Fury Announces Retirement From Boxing
- Karrion Kross References Release In Promo On SmackDown
- Swerve Strickland Reacts To Hit Row WWE Return On SmackDown
- Talent Believe The WWE Draft Is Coming After Clash At The Castle
- Former WWE Referee Scott Armstrong Appears On IMPACT Emergence
- Another Legal Update On Jeff Hardy DUI Case
- Vince McMahon Planned On Burying Gunther Following July 4 Raw
- NJPW G1 Climax 32 Night 16 Results