A long time WWE Employee’s name has surfaced to be amongst those who were released last week in the slew of releases. Gerald Brisco is rumored to be one of those who quietly were let go.
According to Dave Meltzer, Brisco was let go with all the others last week.
Briscoe is 73. He has been a key figure and one of Vince McMahon’s most trusted advisors.
He was a wrestler, on-screen character, and back-office member during his time. Briscoe is credited for discovering Brock Lesnar. He even won the 24/7 championship earlier this year.
This comes as quite a surprise to hear of his release. It seems like he would have been the type to have had a job as long as he wanted.
It’s also possible he is furloughed and will come back when and if WWE returns to having live events. Stay tuned to WrestleTalk for more late-breaking news.
- Ronda Rousey WWE Replacement Revealed
- Big Update On FTR Future
- Charlotte Flair Reveals Biggest Change Following Triple H Taking Over WWE Creative
- Bray Wyatt SmackDown Status Amid WrestleMania Uncertainty
- AEW Star Teases WWE Return?
- WWE Star Reacts To Fans Believing They’d Be Buried Following Vince McMahon Departure
- Big Clue AEW Stars Are Heading To WWE?
- Mercedes Mone Addresses Potential AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door II Appearance
- Cody Rhodes Reveals Special WrestleMania 39 T-Shirt
- Mercedes Moné Hints At Potential Unfinished Business in WWE