There is a surprising statistic on which non-WWE or AEW show draws the most viewers.
In September 2022, WOW – Women of Wrestling made their return to television with the show being televised in the US on CBS-owned-and-operated stations, Sinclair Communications, Nexstar Broadcasting, Hearst Television and others.
The New York Times and Wrestlenomics’ Brandon Thurston worked together on a new report that has revealed that WOW is drawing more viewers than IMPACT Wrestling on AXS TV or any other non-WWE or AEW series.
Despite IMPACT being on AXS TV for the past few years, the network is only available in only around half of United States homes with cable.
The various channels Women of Wrestling is on remain available in every cable home in America, while it is also being shown regularly in Australia and Canada.
The company caught a lot of eyes when their show drew more viewers than AEW’s television special, Battle of the Belts IV in October.
Many believe that this might lead to some crossover with bigger promotions like All Elite Wrestling and New Japan Pro Wrestling. Those two companies worked together for the Forbidden Door event and may look to WOW for their strong female roster.
Stay up to date with the AEW roster’s win-loss record (for televised matches) at this link.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- WWE Star Cleared For Return After Concerning ‘Situation’
- Yet Another Star Pulled From WWE Raw
- Latest Development In AEW Luchasaurus Lawsuit
- Update On Plans For WWE Star Leaving The Company?
- Update On WWE’s Plans For After WrestleMania
- Tony Khan Uses WWE’s ‘Sworn Court Filings’ To Fire Back At Criticism Of AEW
- Batista’s Status For 2023 WWE Hall Of Fame Revealed
- Update On Roman Reigns’ Post-WrestleMania Schedule
- Triple H ‘Not Certain’ About Finish To Huge WrestleMania 39 Match
- AEW Stopped Wrestling Veteran From Retiring