On last night’s episode of NXT 2.0, Olympic gold medalist Tamyra Mensah-Stock made a surprise appearance in the crowd, alongside her husband Jacob Stock.
She was shown on camera just before the main event of Raquel Gonzalez vs. Dakota Kai, and received a “USA!” chant from everyone in attendance.
As you can see in the video below, she was interviewed after the show, and was asked how she enjoyed the NXT 2.0 experience.
“The experience was awesome, it was infectious. I was screaming like a fan out there just like going haywire and I probably shouldn’t have been doing it. It was awesome. I just basically was disrespecting everybody with all my yelling and my enthusiasm was probably the loudest one in the room, just screaming ‘NXT! NXT!’ I had a blast and also like when they called me out, and were just chanting ‘USA!’ – that actually almost made me cry, that was so sweet.”
Tamyra won the gold medal in women’s freestyle wrestling at the Tokyo Olympics earlier this year. There has been a suggestion that she will join WWE at some point in the future, but it isn’t known whether any contract talks have taken place.
Here’s her interview.
- Big Format Change To AEW Double Or Nothing Affecting CM Punk Vs. Hangman Page?
- Tony Khan Provides Update On AEW’s Standing Following Warner Bros Discovery Merger
- AEW Dynamite Live Results – May 25, 2022
- Rumour Killer On WWE Ending The Brand Split
- Killer Kross Scrapped AEW Plans Revealed
- Corey Graves ‘Toned Down’ What WWE Wanted Him To Say About Sasha Banks & Naomi
- Unused Jeff Hardy SVR 2010 Road to WrestleMania Story Outlines
- WWE SmackDown Star Ludwig Kaiser Undergoes Another Name Change
- CM Punk Posts Very Emotional Tweet Following Texas School Shooting Ahead Of AEW Dynamite
- AEW Star Britt Baker Would ‘Love’ To Wrestle Sasha Banks