Teddy Long has said that he hopes Randy Orton does the ‘right thing’ regarding a return after Orton’s injury.
Randy Orton has been out of action since May due to a serious back injury.
He recently underwent surgery, however, his future in the squared circle is uncertain.
Former SmackDown General Manager Teddy Long addressed Orton’s future during an interview with Sportskeeda Wrestling.
Long said he considers the Legend Killer a great friend, having worked together on SmackDown in the early and mid-00s.
The Hall of Famer said:
“Randy Orton, a great friend of mine, too, had a lot of great times with him there. I just hope Randy makes the right decision, you know.
“There are people like Edge, Kurt Angle, that said they wouldn’t come back once they found out they had injuries and the doctors told them it’d be dangerous for them to return to the ring…”
Later, Teddy Long said he hopes Randy Orton heeds the advice of medical experts.
“…I just hope Randy does the right thing. If the doctors tell you to stay out of the ring, I suggest you stay out of the ring.”
Elsewhere in the interview, Long said Randy Orton would be a valuable asset coaching NXT talent at the WWE Performance Centre.
Orton’s last match was during the May 20 edition of SmackDown. He and Riddle lost the Raw Tag Team Championship to the Usos in a Championship Unification match.
For a full tracker of currently injured WWE stars and expected return dates, click here.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Irate Jon Moxley Responds To CM Punk In Expletive-Filled Retort
- What Happened In Cody Rhodes’ Massive Pre-WrestleMania Match Against Solo Sikoa
- Major Change Confirmed For WrestleMania 39 Match
- Potential Spoiler On Change To WrestleMania 39 Match
- Major AEW Star To Be Out ‘For A While’ After Suffering Legitimate Injury
- Vince McMahon Era Rule ‘Effectively Dead’ Under Triple H
- WWE Star Debuts New Entrance Theme On Pre-WrestleMania Raw
- Jon Moxley On AEW: ‘I Have Never Seen So Much Bulls**t Drama In One Place In My Entire F**king Life’
- Popular WWE Team To Potentially Reunite After WrestleMania
- Rumor Killer On WWE Star Taking ‘A Long Time’ Away From The Company