Former WWE star Tegan Nox is concerned the promotion is reverting to “diva era” booking, and admits she was relieved when she heard she was being released last year.
Speaking to Chris Denker on Into The Danger Zone, Nox discussed the emotions which surrounded her release, and then explained why it came as welcome news.
“It’s a lot of different things. Everyone is walking on eggshells. With all the releases happening, you kind of feel, ‘it could be me next.’ I just had this feeling where I wasn’t…not welcome, but as such wanted; I don’t fit the demographic that they’re looking for. I’m a five-foot six blonde-brunette girl, covered in tattoos. Watching the product now, it’s very much Diva era, going back to it, I feel. I always felt like I was on the chopping block, even if I could wrestle.
“I was not much of a personality or character enough for them to keep my job, which is weird. If they give me a character, I take it and run with it. I was always kept as ‘the girl next door’ and I’m not the girl next door. Let me be me. I was me for six years before I got signed, let me do something like that. I always had the feeling that I’m not what they’re looking for. As soon as they split me and Shotzi up, I was like, ‘Yeah, I’m on the block next.’ We found out we switched brands as we were in the car going back to the hotel.”
She also revealed she never actually made it to a Raw taping because she tested positive for Covid-19.
“I didn’t even make it to a Raw taping. I switched brands, technically went to a Raw taping in Texas, got COVID, was told I tested positive, and had to drive sixteen hours on my own, straight home, and after that never went to a Raw taping, ever. Just had to sit at home. As soon as I got cleared from COVID, I got released pretty soon after. ‘Oh, you’re cleared from COVID, your blood tests came back fine.’ ‘Great, I can finally see if this actually goes somewhere,’ and then wasn’t taken on the road. Next call, wasn’t need. Next time, wasn’t need. Three or four weeks out, ‘you’re not needed anymore, budget cuts.’ ‘Okay, no worries.'”
She is now a free agent as her non-compete clause has expired, but it isn’t known if she has any plans to return to wrestling any time soon.
Tegan Nox was one of many wrestlers released by WWE in 2021. For a full list of releases, click here.
- Claudio Castagnoli AEW Details & WWE Stars React, AEW Contracts Expire, Cody Rhodes Video Game News – Audio News Bulletin – June 27, 2022
- Former WWE Wrestler Corroborates Rita Chatterton’s Rape Allegation Against Vince McMahon
- More Details On Claudio Castagnoli Joining AEW
- WWE Raw Live Results – June 27, 2022
- Jon Moxley Claims He’s ‘Probably Concussed’ In Passionate Post-Show Promo
- Becky Lynch Reacts To Claudio Castagnoli AEW Debut
- What Happened After AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door Went Off Air?
- Chris Jericho, Bryan Danielson & Paul Wight Appear On WWE Raw
- Xavier Woods Reacts To Claudio Castagnoli AEW Debut
- Stipulation Added To Kevin Owens WWE Raw Match