After a year and a half as a free agent, former IMPACT World Champion has found a new home.
Fightful Select (subscription required) is reporting that a relaunched version of WOW: Women of Wrestling is set to be announced, with a press conference scheduled for Wednesday night (October 6).
The only names heard that are attached to the company are Blanchard and an unnamed former WOW talent. Other than those two, there is said to be no roster in place, and the relaunch will not happen imminently.
Fightful also learned that the “NGW” teasers that were running are connected to the WOW relaunch, as they are one in the same. LA Lakers owner Jeanie Buss has been attached to to the project as she still technically owns the company.
Fightful reached out to nearly a dozen former WOW talent who had not been clued into the plans, and had not been contacted for the relaunch. Most told Fightful that they haven’t heard from WOW creator David McLane since last year when they were e-mailed and asked to not post in regards to controversies of alleged bullying surrounding Blanchard.
The relaunch itself has been known about within women’s wrestling circles for months, as several additional names were contacted for the project, but none ended up landing outside of Blanchard.
- AEW’s Miro Seemingly Agrees He ‘Had It Better’ In WWE
- Latest On AEW Stars Missing From ‘AEW: Fight Forever’ Roster
- FTR Announced For AEW Dynamite: Quake By The Lake
- Finn Balor Vs Rey Mysterio Added To August 8 WWE Raw
- NXT Star Tatum Paxley Injured At House Show
- WWE Star Angel Teases Return To Old Ring Name
- Latest On Lacey Evans WWE Status After SmackDown Absence
- The Latest Cryptic Bray Wyatt Tweet Has Dropped Amid WWE Return Speculation
- Several WWE Talents Have Had ‘Direct Meetings’ With Triple H Regarding Creative
- X-Pac Believes Logan Paul Could Be WWE Champion Material