AEW and New Japan Pro Wrestling finally held their highly anticipated Forbidden Door show last weekend, and it was crammed top to bottom with dream matches featuring many of the companies’ top stars.
Even so, there were still many top names that didn’t feature on the show, most due to injury, but some were never planned in the first place.
One such name was former IWGP World Heavyweight Champion Tetsuya Naito, who took to his blog to speak about being left off the show.
Naito said that he was never invited to the show, and those frustrations led to him not watching any footage from the event.
Unfortunately I was not invited to the “AEW x NJPW” show that is being talked about all over the place.
Not invited = not needed
Because of that frustration, I haven’t watched any footage of this show. I’m genuinely upset about it…
According to Naito’s blog (https://t.co/kYw01MQEyX) he wasn’t invited to Forbidden Door – take that with a pinch of salt but an interesting thing to say publicly at any rate pic.twitter.com/64np2qWqU9
— Super J-Cast (@thesuperjcast) July 3, 2022
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Asuka Shares Expletive-Filled Translation Of Recent Promo Battle With IYO SKY
- Former WWE Star Says They’re Not Retired
- Rhea Ripley Weighs In On Major WrestleMania 39 Debate
- Seth Rollins Teases “Forbidden Door” Dream Match With Top Star?
- ‘Free Agent’ WWE Star Set For First NXT Match In Seven Years
- Major AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door Dream Match Set
- Top WWE Star’s Hilarious Response To Ronda Rousey ‘Demanding’ Rumours
- ‘The Crowd’s Coming Back Around On Me’, AEW Star Addresses Possible Face Turn
- Popular AEW Star Announced For G1 Climax
- Popular Wrestling Database Site Announces Changes Due To AEW, WWE Fan Tribalism