The Acclaimed have been dropped from the AEW tag team rankings following the recent Max Caster controversy.
This is pretty notable because they’d been ranked #2 for the last four weeks and had been in the top 5 for the last 15 weeks, so this was quite a harsh drop.
There’s no confirmation that the Caster situation is the reason they’ve been removed from the rankings, but, as noted, it does seem like a pretty sudden drop.
Reports indicate that Caster is “on ice” with AEW and is set to undergo sensitivity training. There was also a rumor that AEW had suspended him for two months without pay, but several other sources have since said that wasn’t true.
AEW had announced a match with the Acclaimed for last night’s Dark, but deleted the announcement and the match was pulled.
This came a week after Max Caster had included included references to Simone Biles’ mental health, Duke lacrosse rape allegations, fake COVID-19 PCR tests, and Julia Hart’s “v…” (rhymes with Carolina) in his pre-match rap.
Tony Khan said the rap was “terrible” and that he’ll be personally editing Elevation and Dark going forward instead of letting others do it, as he was clearly disappointed that it wasn’t edited out before airing.
Caster has been silent on social media since the night of the controversy but has notably removed references to AEW and the Acclaimed from his profile.
As of this writing, Caster is still on the official AEW website roster page. We’ll keep you updated with any more news on the situation as it comes to light.
You can check out the full AEW rankings for this week and the rest of 2021 at this link.
- The Latest Cryptic Bray Wyatt Tweet Has Dropped Amid WWE Return Speculation
- WWE To Sign AEW’s Konosuke Takeshita Soon?
- Latest On AEW Stars Missing From ‘AEW: Fight Forever’ Roster
- WWE Stars’ Futures In Doubt, Karrion Kross Plans, Several Injuries – News Bulletin – August 8, 2022
- Corey Graves Puts WWE On Blast After Carmella Injury At House Show
- Report: The Rock Vs Roman Reigns Is ‘100% The Plan’ For WrestleMania 39
- Asuka Teases Mystery Partner For Women’s Tag Team Championship Tournament
- Scrapped Plans For Drew Gulak On August 5 SmackDown Revealed
- Bray Wyatt Addresses Speculation Following Recent Message
- Kairi Sane Responds To Return Tease For WWE Women’s Tag Title Tournament