A top tag team has officially signed with ROH according to Tony Khan.
On July 21, AEW President and Ring of Honor owner Tony Khan had his media briefing call ahead of this Saturday’s Death Before Dishonor pay-per-view.
When Fightful’s Sean Ross Sapp asked about talent that have signed with Ring of Honor that we have not heard of , Khan confirmed that 12-time ROH World Tag Team Champions The Briscoes have signed with the promotion.
Jay and Mark Briscoe were previously part of the ROH roster for nearly 20 years prior to the company shutting down in December 2021 and the subsequent sale of the promotion in March this year.
The Briscoes have since appeared for various promotions, including IMPACT Wrestling where they won the IMPACT World Tag Team Championships in May.
Earlier this year, word had emerged that WarnerMedia at the time didn’t want Briscoes on AEW TV, which they haven’t as of yet.
Jay and Mark Briscoe will challenge Dax Harwood and Cash Wheeler of FTR for the ROH World Tag Team Titles in a two-out-of-three falls match at Death Before Dishonor this Saturday, July 23.
For the full lineup for Death Before Dishonor, click here.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- PHOTO: First Look At Vince McMahon’s ‘Creepy Mustache’
- Update On Major WWE Return Rumored For WrestleMania 39
- WWE Main Roster Star Causes Major Title Change At NXT Stand & Deliver
- WrestleMania 39 Night One Main Event Revealed
- Big Spoiler On Plans For Rey Mysterio Vs. Dominik Mysterio At WrestleMania 39
- Confirmation On Bobby Lashley’s WrestleMania 39 Status?
- WWE Star Thinks Bobby Lashley WrestleMania 39 Situation Is ‘Inexcusable’
- Tony Khan Says Former WWE Star In ROH Is ‘Never Going To Happen’
- Top WWE Star ‘Not Comfortable’ With Cody Rhodes Backstage Fight Story
- Injury Update On Dante Martin After ROH Supercard Of Honor