It was confirmed on WWE.com last night that NXT 2.0 star WALTER is now called Gunther, and fans generally hate it.
While fans and many critics have lambasted WWE for the name change, WWE producer and former star Shane “The Hurricane” Helms thinks he’s going to be just fine, despite the name change.
He pointed out that when he debuted on WWE TV, pretty much his entire gimmick was changed and he had to start from scratch.
In my WWE TV debut, I lost:
-My entrance song
-And my WCW Cruiserweight Championship. ALL IN ONE NIGHT.
If I survived that, Walter will be just fine.
— Hurricane Helms (@ShaneHelmsCom) January 19, 2022
Some fans have pointed out it’s 20 years since Helms debuted, and that times are different, and names possibly matter more than they once did.
Either way, we’ll have to see what WWE has planned for Gunther. It still feels wrong.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- AEW Name Reveals Upcoming Contract Expiry, Comments On Potential WWE Move
- Alarming Advice From Surgeons For Top AEW Star
- Carmella & Corey Graves Reveal The Sex Of Their First Child
- Bret Hart Calls Current WWE Star One Of The Greatest Wrestlers Of All Time
- Injured AEW Star ‘Close’ To Returning
- Seth Rollins Issues Apology To AEW Star
- Major Star Says He Could ‘100% Make Magic’ With WWE’s Seth Rollins
- Blackpool Combat Club Match Announced For May 31 AEW Dynamite
- VIDEOS: New AEW Fight Forever Character Spotlight Gameplay Clips
- Bryan Danielson Shares Warning For Retired Star Amid In-Ring Return Rumors