The Miz has once again come to the defence of the highly criticized zombie lumberjack match at WrestleMania Backlash last month.
Saying the match caused outrage amongst fans wouldn’t be an understatement, but The Miz is still trying his best to convince people it wasn’t as bad as it was.
Speaking with Comic Book, he said:
“So a lot of people would be like, ‘What is this? Oh, my God’. I’m the type of person that goes, this allows my creative juices to do whatever the hell we kind of want’. So let’s make a movie out of it. Let’s make a meal out of it. I mean, there was a part in that match where Damian and I worked together to beat up all the zombies. And some people give us flack for going outside the box. And the problem with, I feel like, today’s world is that it’s so easy to just literally go on the Internet and just critique and say, ‘This is terrible. This is horrible’. With my storyline, with Bad Bunny, nobody wanted to see it up until they wanted to see it at WrestleMania. You know? So nobody wants to let things develop and things get fun.”
Miz also provided an update on the partially torn ACL he suffered during the match, saying:
“I feel like a million bucks. Everyone always asks me even after the match, ‘How you doing?’ And I’ll always give him the same answer. I feel like a million bucks. I’m the type of person that I’ve always prided myself on not getting injured. And when things happen in the ring, we always tell children not to do what we do at home because it is very, very dangerous. And I live by that stance, especially right now.”
Damian Priest won the match but hasn’t even been featured on Raw for the past two weeks, but it did make WWE over $1 million from the sponsorship, so… yay.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- VIDEO: Unseen Post-Raw Footage Of Tension Between Roman Reigns & Solo Sikoa
- The Rock’s Daughter WWE In-Ring Debut Announced
- Roxanne Perez Addresses NXT Absence
- Tony Khan Comments On Goldberg Free Agent Status
- WWE Stars Say The New Day Ruined Their Lives & Maybe Kofi Kingston’s Injury Was Karma
- NXT TV Debut On Tonight’s Show (March 21)
- First Look At WWE SummerSlam 2023 Logo
- Major AEW Star To Miss Tonight’s Dynamite (March 22)
- WWE Stars Show Off Gruesome Injuries After Hard Hitting Match
- New WWE Signing In-Ring Debut Announced