The Miz was the special guest on the latest episode of Freddie Prinze Jr.’s podcast, Wrestling with Freddie.
Miz was asked about his tag team with John Morrison, which came to an abrupt end when the latter was released from his WWE contract in 2021. According to the Miz, Morrison was an incredibly creative thinker when it came to wrestling.
“If you want to be in the entertainment industry, you have to be a sponge and you have to be willing to fail. As much as you [Freddie Prinze Jr.] said I was the glue in Miz & Morrison, it’s not true. Morrison is such an out-of-the-box thinker. He would think of the oddest, weird things that aren’t supposed to work and then we would come together and make them work.
“We had such great chemistry, and he’s so smart and able, and willing, and we both push each other to be the best that we possibly can, so we’re both the glue in that. There’s no doubt in my mind about that. John pushes me to be the best Superstar I could possibly be and he always has.”
The interview took place before The Miz’s match with Edge at WWE Day 1, and so he was also asked why he wants to beat Edge so much. Spoiler…he lost.
“There’s no denying Edge’s talent. Edge is one of the most decorated superstars in WWE history. If you know anything about me, I am all about respect. No matter how hard I try, and no matter what I do, it always feels like I’m over-ridden, like everyone just puts me aside. If I take out and beat a person like Edge, a Superstar like Edge, who is decorated and respected. If you beat him, then they can’t help but respect you.
“The fans, critics, like, everyone. Everyone is like, ‘yeah Miz is great on the mic but his matches are like..’ You read into things a lot. All you want is respect and you want people to cheer you, to pat you on the back. When you’ve heard you suck for the past sixteen years, you know, you just want people to be like, maybe he doesn’t suck, maybe he’s really good and maybe he deserves our respect.”
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- AEW Name Reveals Upcoming Contract Expiry, Comments On Potential WWE Move
- Alarming Advice From Surgeons For Top AEW Star
- Carmella & Corey Graves Reveal The Sex Of Their First Child
- Mandy Rose Comments On Gigi Dolin Vs. Jacy Jayne NXT Cage Match After Not Even Being Mentioned
- Bret Hart Calls Current WWE Star One Of The Greatest Wrestlers Of All Time
- Injured AEW Star ‘Close’ To Returning
- Seth Rollins Issues Apology To AEW Star
- Major Star Says He Could ‘100% Make Magic’ With WWE’s Seth Rollins
- Pat McAfee Reacts To Unfortunate AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Attendance Photo
- Blackpool Combat Club Match Announced For May 31 AEW Dynamite