Rumors of a new Smackdown Live General Manager have been prevalent ever since current GM Daniel Bryan was cleared for active duty. Now, according to Rajah.com and an inside WWE “source”, a replacement is highly likely.
While no official statement has been released and likely won’t be, it is thought that Daniel Bryan will vacate the role following WrestleMania – possibly thanks to a last minute stipulation added to his tag team match against Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens – to once again become a full time in-ring talent. This would leave the field open to a possible surprise return.
According to the “source”, there is a short list of several names to take over the role, including a rumored return of Hulk Hogan in what would surely be the ideal role for “The Immortal One”. This is not the first we’ve heard of these rumors in the past couple of days, as Luke Owen reported on WrestleTalk’s YouTube channel that Hogan could also participate at this year’s Hall of Fame ceremony:
A decision isn’t expected to be made until after WrestleMania 34 on April 8. Should the company decide to replace the popular Bryan in the position, then one would not expect an announcement, and would anticipate a shock unveiling when the blue brand goes live April 10.
We will keep you updated as the situation progresses.
- Kenny Omega Hits Back At ‘Fans’ Sending Jade Cargill Hate Following WWE Switch
- ‘Heavy Heat’ On AEW Name For Recent Botch
- Mustafa Ali Makes Announcement About His Future After WWE Release
- Tony Khan Apologizes For Technical Issues During AEW Dynamite
- Becky Lynch Shares Honest Thoughts On Jade Cargill
- Becky Lynch Gives Brutally Honest Assessment Of WWE Women’s Booking
- Malakai Black Addresses Current Absence & Lack Of AEW Singles Matches
- Another Potential AEW WrestleDream Match Revealed
- WWE Name Confirms In-Ring Retirement
- Tony Khan Provides Update On Wardlow’s AEW Future