Now that Moolah Mayhem is over, it’s time to get excited about the Women’s Battle Royal again. However, with current women’s division monster Nia Jax seemingly on her way to facing Alexa Bliss at WrestleMania 34, the Battle Royal is missing a key element: a monster. One the best parts of a Royal Rumble or Battle Royal is seeing monsters such as Big Show, Kane, or Braun Strowman tossing people out of the ring with ease.
While this years only dominant performance may come from Mrs. Calaway, there’s still hope for the future. One of the breakout stars of last years Mae Young Classic, The “Alpha Female” Jazzy Gabert has recently made some updates about her return to the squared circle.
As Jazzy revealed on Edge and Christians’ E&C Pod of Awesomeness podcast back in December, she was originally offered a WWE contract after her performance in the MYC. However, the offer was rescinded after a physical with WWE doctors showed she had 3 herniated discs in her neck.
Jazzy underwent surgery on January 15th and is currently recovering. In a March 7th interview on the Women’s Pro Wrestling Weekly Show, Jazzy stated that doctors have told her to wait until May to make her return. Normally, this kind of surgery can have up to one year of recovery time. However, the Alpha Female is apparently taking a page from John Cena and Wade Wilson and recovering in record time.
Though Jazzy says she feels completely healed, she indicated she would wait a few more months before sending her MRI to the WWE doctors. Jazzy has several supporters within the WWE family including Edge, Christian, and Shawn Michaels, the latter of whom apparently gushed over her MYC performance. Can you blame him? The moment Abbey Laith screamed in frustration and Jazzy roared back gave me chills. Watch it again…
Wasn’t that awesome?! She looks like Ivan Drago and Brigitte Nielsen had a child in East Berlin, and I love it. Jazzy shows tremendous upside potential:
- She’s a ring veteran of 17 years.
- She’s a powerhouse with a unique look not seen since before Chyna.
- Her German nationality offers an inroad into another European market as the WWE continues to expand its global brand.
- WWE may finally have a credible threat to Nia Jax.
- She may be ready for Asuka… in May.
With that support and her recovery on track, Jazzy wants to give a WWE run one more go. While it’s yet to be seen if it’ll happen, Jazzy herself has retweeted a post marking 3 dates in early May for her return.
— ✝☮☥Robert W. Kovach✞♓✝ (@RobKovach999) March 15, 2018
So please, WWE, give us a monster. Give us “The Alpha Female” Jazzy Gabert!
- Scrapped Pitch For Sting AEW Retirement Revealed
- Bayley Reacts To Dakota Kai & Damage CTRL WWE Betrayal
- AEW Star Contract Expiry Update
- Potential WWE Signing Recalls Conversations With Shawn Michaels
- WWE Star Praises AEW’s Sting For Going Out On His Own Terms
- AEW Star Set For Return Match Against Brother
- Details On WWE Star’s Role In Upcoming Movie
- Cody Rhodes Sends Message To Sting Ahead Of AEW Revolution Retirement
- Former AEW Star’s WWE Return Match Announced
- Sting’s Son Shares Emotional Message Ahead Of AEW Revolution Retirement Match