The Revival, like Brodie Lee, Matt Hardy and AEW World Champion Jon Moxley before them, recently appeared on an episode of Talk is Jericho to speak about their WWE releases and their time working for Vince McMahon.
During the interview, The Revival’s Dash Wilder and Scott Dawson (now Cash Wheeler and Dax Harwood), spoke in detail about asking to leave WWE in early 2019, and finally being let go just last month.
The duo now going by the name of The Revolt also gave their true opinions on WWE’s tag team division, and how the company really doesn’t care enough about it. This is one of the main reasons they wanted to leave WWE.
The tandem spoke about not being happy despite being given the tag team championships, at various points during the interview, Cash and Dax spoke about not really caring about being tag team champions in WWE, presumably because WWE didn’t book them well when they held gold.
Cash: “Things were going decent for us, they’re going well all things considered, but we’re not happy. The tag titles don’t mean anything”.
Cash: ‘I would rather lose to the tag champs for the rest of my career than hold them, because it’s just going to be seen as a failed championship run”.
Dax also explained that one of the main reasons he and Cash wanted to leave WWE was because of how badly it treats its tag team division, especially in comparison to other wrestling companies and promotions:
“That was one of our biggest factors in leaving, was that tag team wrestling was featured everywhere else except for WWE and we wanted to be a part of that. We could sit back and, apart from our NXT stuff, we could have no legacy in wrestling or we could go out and make history”.
One of the examples that comes to mind when you think of WWE’s poor management of the tag team division is Braun Strowman winning the titles with Nicholas, a ten-year-old boy, at WrestleMania 34, only to vacate them the next night. During the interview, Cash referenced this moment:
“This is nothing against Braun, but he steamrolled the entire tag team divison. And then a ten-year-old won the titles at WrestleMania. And then no tag teams were featured at SummerSlam, and at the last minute they added the women’s tag titles, which I’m all for, but it was so last minute that people didn’t know”.
If you use any of these transcriptions, please credit WrestleTalk.com.
- Drew McIntyre & Kevin Owens Brand Themselves ‘Wrestlers In A Wrestling Ring’ In Insane WWE Raw Promo
- Record Numbers For WrestleMania 39 Ticket Sales
- Hikaru Shida Bringing Championship Back To AEW From Japan
- AEW Stars Planned For NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17
- WWE Backstage Budget Cuts Having Big Effect
- Real Reason For Big Increase In AEW Rampage Viewership
- Freddie Prinze Jr. Says Vince McMahon Displayed ‘Super Racist’ ‘Cultural Ignorance’ That Dictated Storylines
- Dexter Lumis Jumps The Barricade During United States Championship Clash
- Stephanie McMahon Addresses Return From Leave Of Absence
- Sasha Banks And Naomi Appear Together At She-Hulk Premiere