As per The Hollywood Reporter, Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson is attached to star in ‘Red One’, a Christmas-themed film from Amazon Studios.
Johnson will reunite with ‘Jumanji’ director, Jake Kasdan, who is set to direct and produce the feature. The former WWE Champion is also listed as a producer, along with Dany Garcia and Hiram Garcia of Seven Bucks Productions.
It was noted that Johnson could play Santa Claus, however this was not confirmed in the report.
Amazon picked up the project in June, and describe the film as “a globe-trotting, four-quadrant action-adventure comedy, imagining a whole new universe to explore within the holiday genre.”
Current plans will see the film go into production next year, aiming for a 2023 holiday release.
During the DC FanDome event, Johnson gave fans their first look at ‘Black Adam’.
- Big Format Change To AEW Double Or Nothing Affecting CM Punk Vs. Hangman Page?
- Tony Khan Provides Update On AEW’s Standing Following Warner Bros Discovery Merger
- AEW Dynamite Live Results – May 25, 2022
- Cody Rhodes Planned As WWE 2K23 Cover Star?
- Alexa Bliss Reports “Fan” For Death Threats
- Rumour Killer On WWE Ending The Brand Split
- Sonny Kiss ‘Still Believes AEW Is For Everyone’ Despite Long TV Hiatus
- WWE SmackDown Star Ludwig Kaiser Undergoes Another Name Change
- CM Punk Posts Very Emotional Tweet Following Texas School Shooting Ahead Of AEW Dynamite
- Mia Yim Says ‘WWE Likes To Fix S**t That Isn’t Broken’