As per The Hollywood Reporter, Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson is attached to star in ‘Red One’, a Christmas-themed film from Amazon Studios.
Johnson will reunite with ‘Jumanji’ director, Jake Kasdan, who is set to direct and produce the feature. The former WWE Champion is also listed as a producer, along with Dany Garcia and Hiram Garcia of Seven Bucks Productions.
It was noted that Johnson could play Santa Claus, however this was not confirmed in the report.
Amazon picked up the project in June, and describe the film as “a globe-trotting, four-quadrant action-adventure comedy, imagining a whole new universe to explore within the holiday genre.”
Current plans will see the film go into production next year, aiming for a 2023 holiday release.
During the DC FanDome event, Johnson gave fans their first look at ‘Black Adam’.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Mystery Attacker Revealed On NXT
- AEW Name Reveals Upcoming Contract Expiry, Comments On Potential WWE Move
- Alarming Advice From Surgeons For Top AEW Star
- Mandy Rose Comments On Gigi Dolin Vs. Jacy Jayne NXT Cage Match After Not Even Being Mentioned
- Carmella & Corey Graves Reveal The Sex Of Their First Child
- Pat McAfee Reacts To Unfortunate AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Attendance Photo
- Baron Corbin Makes Surprise Appearance On WWE NXT
- Bret Hart Calls Current WWE Star One Of The Greatest Wrestlers Of All Time
- Major Star Says He Could ‘100% Make Magic’ With WWE’s Seth Rollins
- Injured AEW Star ‘Close’ To Returning