Earlier this week, wrestling lost a legend when Scott Hall passed away at the age of 63 having suffered a series of heart attacks over the weekend.
Countless names from wrestling’s past and present paid tribute to Hall, and now The Rock has added his own personal tribute to Scott Hall in a post on his Instagram page.
Here is what the Rock said:
Pro wrestling just lost a legend in Scott Hall.
Scott came from an era of pro wrestling where wrestlers were the biggest and toughest men on the planet.
Scott was a big man who was athletically gifted.
Tough as hell.
And inside that ring he was an extraordinarily talented and intense athlete.
Before my match here with Scott, I made sure to tell him how much his in ring work influenced me. When I was a rookie in wrestling, I would study Scott’s matches. His style, intensity, crispness and his excellent in ring IQ and psychology
I studied his matches, frame by frame.
He was shocked to hear this from me.
We came up in different eras.
He knew I was a student of the game, but had no idea he was one of the ones I studied.
He thought that was so cool and we went out there that night and lit it the fuck up inside that ring
It was my honor, brother.
And “thank you for the house”
Go rest high.
View this post on Instagram
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Announces Nine New Signings
- How Many Tickets CM Punk Immediately Moved For AEW Collision In Chicago
- AEW Getting ‘More Aggressive’ In Major Stars’ Contract Negotiations
- Arena Shut Down ‘A Lot’ Of Ideas For AEW Double Or Nothing
- Update On Ace Steel’s Involvement In CM Punk-Led AEW Collision
- AEW’s Tay Melo Addresses In-Ring Future After Announcing Pregnancy
- WWE Venue Contracts Reportedly Have Interesting AEW Clauses
- Possible Spoiler On A New Title Belt To Be Introduced On June 2 WWE SmackDown
- Two AEW Stars Returning From Injury Soon
- Date For Major WWE International Show Revealed?