The Rock has addressed speculation that he could be returning to WWE in the near future for a match with Roman Reigns.
It had been heavily reported that WWE was aiming for a Rock vs Reigns match at WrestleMania 38, although more recently it’s been stressed that WrestleMania 39 is more likely.
It’s even been said that WWE could start the build to the match at Survivor Series on November 21, even though The Rock will be in Australia working on a movie.
In a couple of new interviews, Rock has addressed all this talk. Speaking with Dish Nation, he said:
“There is no truth to that right now, possibly down the road we will see. We stay very close, myself and Roman Reigns, and I’m very happy and very proud of the work that he’s doing.”
In a separate interview with ComicBook.com, he said:
“I don’t know if I have another title run, considering I’m the People’s Champion, but I don’t know if it’s another title run. I think possibly, you know, there might be another match down the road. It would have to make sense.
“It seems like Roman, you know, I’m very close with Roman obviously, and we talk about this all the time, and I continue to encourage him to keep doing your thing, keep sharpening those skills. I think he’s doing a great job with his promo, his execution, his in-ring work. It all continues to improve and grow. And that’s always the best part, I think, about that world of professional wrestling is that when someone gets anointed and given the ball to run, they either score a touchdown with it or they don’t. But then some, not only score a touchdown with it, but then they begin to change the way the game is played. And in Roman’s case, he’s slowly doing that, and you could start to read the tea leaves. And again, I’m very, very proud of him. I like everything that he’s doing. I like everything that the Usos are doing. I like what they’re doing together, and we’ll see down the road.”
It seems that Reigns will once again be defending the Universal Championship against Brock Lesnar at Royal Rumble in January, so his WrestleMania 38 opponent is unclear unless they want to do that match three times.
Quota via Alex McCarthy
- Naomi Removes WWE References From Twitter Bio
- Joey Janela Sets Foot On Fire In Horrifying GCW Botch (Video)
- CM Punk Trends Following Polarising Message To WWE Locker Room
- Paul Wight Reveals Impressive Move He Was Told Never To Perform In Ring Again
- Jon Moxley Set To Reunite Former Tag Team At Independent Show
- Video: NWA Stars Kamille & Thom Latimer Get Married
- Britt Baker Makes Surprise Appearance At AIW Gauntlet For The Gold
- William Regal Details His Reaction To NXT 2.0 Reboot
- Sting Files New Trademark For Iconic Nickname
- Tony Khan Reacts To Johnny Elite’s AEW Debut