WWE has announced that Simone Johnson has started training at the WWE Performance Centre. Johnson is the daughter of The Rock, one of the biggest stars in Hollywood and one of the biggest stars in wrestling history.
BREAKING: @SimoneGJohnson, daughter of @TheRock and @DanyGarciaCo, has reported to the WWE Performance Center to begin training. #WWENow @WWEPC pic.twitter.com/XCziD2K07a
— WWE (@WWE) February 10, 2020
WWE broke the news on Twitter where they released a video of Cathy Kelley breaking down the news. Johnson was shown training and they explained that she will be working with Matt Bloom (A.K.A. Albert) and Sara Amato (A.K.A. Sara Del Rey).
Johnson will have massive shoes to fill being the daughter of The Rock. If she does, in fact, wrestle a match for WWE, she will become the first-ever fourth-generation star in the promotion’s history. Her great-grandfather was Peter Maivia and her grandfather was Rocky Johnson. An interesting bit of trivia is when he debuted, The Rock was WWE’s first third-generation star, a piece of history he can now share with his daughter.
It often takes years of training at the WWE Performance Centre before a trainee makes their first appearance on camera so it should be a while before we see Johnson in the ring. However, WWE will undoubtedly be working hard to protect her and give her the best chance to succeed.
Are you excited to see Simone Johnson in WWE? Let us know on Twitter!
- WWE Star’s Victory Ends 17-Year Streak At Night Of Champions 2023
- Shane McMahon Update Following WrestleMania 39 Injury
- Jey Uso Breaks His Silence After Jimmy Uso Betrays Roman Reigns At Night Of Champions 2023
- AEW Star Wants Rematch With Mercedes Mone
- VIDEO: What Happened After WWE Night Of Champions 2023 Went Off The Air?
- PHOTO: WWE Star Buys His Mother A House
- Rikishi Reacts To Bloodline Implosion At WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- ‘Last Minute’ Change To AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Revealed
- ‘Crazy’ Plans For AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Possible Injury During AEW Double Or Nothing 2023