Speaking with Cultaholic, Sean Waltman (aka X-Pac) has revealed that The Undertaker actually refused to lose to Matt Bloom (formerly Albert/A-Train) on free television.
X-Pac revealed that while Albert was with him in the X-Factor faction, The Undertaker outright refused to lose to him, having the following to say on the matter:
They actually booked him [Matt Bloom] to beat Undertaker on TV one time, but Undertaker was like, ‘Nah, that’s not happening. Like, just out of nowhere?’ And I don’t blame Mark. It’s almost like telling Steve [Austin] to come to TV just so he can do a job for Brock [Lesnar] real quick. It was during the X-Factor stuff. We were still X-Factor.”
The Undertaker clearly has no heat with X-Pac for what happened, with the WWE Hall of Famer saying that he doesn’t blame ‘Taker for refusing to lose to Albert on TV.
Thanks to POST Wrestling for the transcription.
- WWE Raw Live Results – May 23, 2022
- Swerve Strickland Confirms Tag Team Name With Keith Lee
- Another Scrapped Name For Sheamus, Ridge Holland & Butch WWE Faction Revealed?
- Date Of WWE’s Next Saudi Arabia Event Revealed
- WWE Again Buries Sasha Banks & Naomi During WWE Raw
- Will Ospreay ‘Not On Good Terms’ With Kenny Omega
- Lacey Evans To Make In-Ring Return On Next Week’s WWE Raw
- Kris Statlander Reveals Real Reason For Recent Gimmick Change
- Major Change Made To WWE Hell In A Cell Match
- Big Update On Possibility Of Cody Rhodes Getting Added To WWE 2K22