The Montreal Screwjob is one of the most infamous and talked about incidents in wrestling. Now, The Undertaker has revealed that he thinks he could have prevented it if he was in Shawn Michaels’ place.
He made this revelation in an interview with ESPN. Here is the full quote, courtesy of Fightful:
“You should’ve put me in the match somehow with Bret. I’m sure Bret would have dropped it to me. I could have dropped it to Shawn later on. You know, right after that. There was a different way to do it. But, you know, Vince had to make sure and he had to cover his bases, I guess, in his mind. That’s kind of the point, I think, where the whole locker room leader really started to come about. The boys knew how upset I was that one of us got screwed over.
But then the office kind of could see the point of, ‘okay. He’s trying to do what’s best for business,’ and it always was that way for me. It was like, you know, I’ll defend you if you need to be defended, but it’s all about business at the end of the day. That’s where I fell in that, you know, I was one of the rare people that kind of fell into that groove where I was trusted, you know. Yes, I was one of the boys, but I was trusted by the office, just like I was sitting in on their meetings.”
Bret Hart has always said he would have dropped the title to another opponent so it is not unrealistic to think this would have worked.
Do you think The Undertaker could have prevented the Montreal Screwjob? Let us know on Twitter!
- CM Punk Blasts Tony Khan, Chris Jericho & More In Now-Deleted Instagram Post
- Latest News On CM Punk AEW Return After Recent Teases
- Chris Jericho Responds To CM Punk Instagram Story
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For Saturday, March 25
- Real Reason Top Star Missed AEW Dynamite
- WWE Star Responds To Standout AEW Dynamite Performance
- Big Update On Stone Cold Steve Austin WrestleMania 39 Plans?
- Naomi Confirms WWE Departure?
- Top WWE Star Says Doctors ‘Aren’t Letting Them Compete’
- Wade Barrett Wants Top Free Agent To Sign With WWE