While most everyone in wrestling would agree it is probably past time for The Undertaker to retire, WrestleMania without the Deadman will always be weird.
During an interview with Sports Illustrated, The Undertaker said that he did get the feeling that he should have been at WrestleMania. He said this feeling didn’t start until the first batch of fireworks. Here is the quote:
“I was fine all the way until that first ballyhoo of fireworks. Fortunately, I was home, which made it a little easier, but going through the show and watching, I kept thinking to myself, ‘You should be there.’ I had to work through that. It’s a little difficult once WrestleMania starts. I started second-guessing myself. So much of my history revolves around WrestleMania. There was a bit of an emotional tug of the heartstrings watching this year, but it’s time for me to step aside and let this next generation have the reins and go where they’re going to go.”
Since his WrestleMania debut at WrestleMania VII, The Undertaker has only missed the event four times. Those being WrestleMania X, WrestleMania 2000, WrestleMania 35, and WrestleMania 37.
- New Edge (Adam Copeland) AEW Nicknames Revealed?
- WWE Raw Match Cancelled Due To Top Star Not Being Cleared
- Rhea Ripley Gives Ultimatum To Dominik Mysterio After Losing Championship
- Jade Cargill Sends Message To WWE Roster During Raw
- Another Advertised WWE Raw Match Cancelled?
- Clarification On Bryan Danielson AEW Collision Role
- Fans Think They Spotted A CM Punk Tease During WWE Raw
- Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa Comment After DIY Reunion On WWE Raw
- WWE Star Returns On Raw After Five Months Away
- USA Network Spoils Upcoming WWE Debut