Okay so it’s technically a three stages of hell match, so give me this one.
NXT general manager William Regal has announced that the main event of NXT TakeOver: Toronto II will be a 2-out-of-3 falls match between NXT Champion Adam Cole and Johnny Gargano.
What makes it technically a three stages of hell match is that Cole will be able to pick one of the stipulations, Gargano will pick another, and then if it goes to a third fall (it will), Regal himself will step in to decide the final fall stipulation.
Gargano defeated Cole in April at NXT Takeover New York to become NXT Champion in a 2 out of 3 falls match, but would lose the championship to Cole just under two months later at NXT Takeover XXV.
My fantasy booking theory is that Gargano wins the first fall, Cole then makes his stipulation a handicap match for the second, and the the third fall is a last man standing match.
The card for NXT TakeOver: Toronto II so far is:
- NXT Championship: Adam Cole vs Johnny Gargano
- NXT North American Championship: Velveteen Dream vs Roderick Strong vs Pete Dunne
- NXT Women’s Championship: Shayna Baszler vs Mia Yim
- NXT Tag Team Championships: Street Profits vs Undisputed Era
- NXT Breakout Tournament Final: Jordan Myles (fka ACH) vs. Cameron Grimes (fka Trevor Lee)