This week’s (September 10) edition of WWE SmackDown aired from Madison Square Garden, and was advertised to feature the return of Brock Lesnar, Edge vs Seth Rollins and a contract signing between Becky Lynch and Bianca Belair.
The show has been very well received by fans, with many calling it ‘the best SmackDown all year’, and it appears to not just be the fans that the show was successful for.
Per Ariel Helwani, sources in WWE have claimed that Friday’s show produced the highest grossing gate in the history of SmackDown in it’s 20 year existence.
This is of course a very impressive stat, and is surely one of the reasons why there is a lot of optimism backstage following Friday’s show.
The show was not without controversy, as WWE cut a planned tag team bout pitting Liv Morgan and Toni Storm against Carmella and Zelina Vega from the show, which has sparked outrage from fans due to Vega’s being removed from the show on the anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, which sadly took her father’s life.
- Dolph Ziggler Wins First Title Since WWE Release
- Former WWE Star Wins Championship In NJPW Singles Debut
- WWE Breaks 23-Year Award Losing Streak
- Major Update On Brock Lesnar & Vince McMahon In WWE 2K24
- Roman Reigns Bloodline Member Trying To Join WWE
- WWE Star Arrives In Wrong Country For Major Show
- Randy Orton Hilariously Reacts To John Cena Onlyfans Announcement
- Former WWE Champion Still Hasn’t Re-Signed Despite Major Creative Plans
- WWE Star Set For First Match In Nine Months
- WWE Star Retires Move After Recent Terrifying Botch