Thunder Rosa and now-AEW Women’s World Champion Dr Britt Baker D.M.D made history last year, when their lights out match became the first women’s main event on AEW Dynamite.
AEW has received criticisms from fans for their handling of the women’s division since their inception, with many feeling like the division doesn’t get treated well enough.
Thunder Rosa recently spoke to the Throwing Down with Renee and Miesha podcast, where she was asked if she feels like the division is getting the respect it deserves.
“Yes and no. I will say that people still talk crap about it. A lot of the women now have been really trying to establish themselves as competitors and somebody that can go with anybody. Even then, I feel like there’s still a lot of criticism towards it. Everybody’s working really hard to make the division better. We’re definitely getting a lot more veterans into our division, so it’s making things a lot easier for a lot of the younger talent to learn from them. That’s the most important part is the willingness and wanting to learn from veterans because we can say, ‘Yeah, we’re really good’, but then when it comes down to throwing the punches and performing, we can underperform too, so we have to be mindful and open on that.”
In the same interview, Rosa revealed that she is planning on releasing her own album and short film.
you can find the win/loss records for AEW’s women’s division in 2022 here.
transcription via WrestlingNews.co
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Announces Partnership With Twitch To ‘Sidecast’ Raw & More
- AEW Star Compares Orange Cassidy To WWE’s Legendary Undertaker
- Report: WWE Hall Of Famer ‘Adamantly’ Rejected Involvement In Current Star’s Storyline
- WWE Faction To Receive New Name
- Report: Date For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar III Confirmed
- Bianca Belair’s Hilarious Response To Bizarre Asuka WWE Trend
- WWE Tag Team Set For Match Against Each Other?
- Top WWE Star Reportedly Set To Face GUNTHER On June 5 Raw
- AEW Star Questions Crowd Reactions To CM Punk Ahead Of ‘Big Deal’ Return
- Absent AEW Star Rejected Recent Return Plans