AEW Women’s World Champion Thunder Rosa announced her injury on AEW Dynamite last month, which would cause her to have to step back as the champion.
Following Rosa’s announcement, several rumours began speculating about Rosa ‘faking’ her injury, which she debunked in an interview with Busted Open Radio, noting that she had severe back issues she had to deal with.
Rosa’s injury led to a four-way for the interim AEW Women’s World Championship at All Out, which saw Toni Storm defeat Hikaru Shida, Britt Baker and Jamie Hayter to become the interim champion.
The length of Rosa’s absence has not been revealed, but the champ took to Twitter last night to share photos of her undergoing therapy for her back injuries.
A long ways to go but feeling better with every therapy session. Thank you South Texas Spine & Joint Institute
Toni Storm fired a shot at the champ during the now infamous All Out media scrum, claiming that she would beat her ‘when she says she’s not injured’.
A long ways to go but feeling better with every therapy session. Thank you South Texas Spine & Joint Institute pic.twitter.com/pMi24jmO2q
— Thunder Rosa (@thunderrosa22) September 14, 2022
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Top AEW Merch Sellers’ Push Halted?
- Dave Meltzer Responds To Latest CM Punk Controversy
- Former AEW TNT Champion Considering A WWE Move?
- WWE ‘Higher Up’ Reveals Real Backstage Reaction To Rise Of Sami Zayn
- Celebrity Waiting For Call To Make WWE Return
- AEW Name Opens Up About Training Action Star’s Daughter
- Report: How ‘Majority’ Of AEW Roster Feel Toward CM Punk Revealed
- Top Star Argues WWE’s Investment In Roman Reigns Has Only Just Started Paying Off
- Former NHL Player Makes In-Ring Debut At IMPACT Wrestling TV Tapings
- Report: WWE To Introduce New Championship Belt ‘Soon’