Thunder Rosa has revealed that she wants to defend the AEW Women’s Championship against former WWE star Athena (fka Ember Moon).
Speaking on the Battleground Podcast, Rosa recalled wrestling Athena to a time-limit draw while defending the Warrior Wrestling Women’s Title in February.
Ready for an AEW showdown, Rosa said:
“(I want to defend against) Athena. We had a 30-minute match on the independent scene to defend the Warrior Wrestling Championship when I was champion there. We went at it. It was really fun.”
Athena ultimately won the Warrior Wrestling Women’s Championship in April, after Rosa vacated the title.
Rosa is slated to defend her AEW Women’s Title against Serena Deeb at Double or Nothing this Sunday.
You can view the announced card for the upcoming pay-per-view right here.
Transcription via Fightful.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- CM Punk Posts Bizarre Instagram Story About Shawn Michaels
- Report: News On Rumored Backstage Heat Between CM Punk & Jon Moxley
- Bray Wyatt’s Status For Tonight’s SmackDown Revealed
- Update On CM Punk Claiming Tony Khan Wanted Him To Wrestle While Not Medically Cleared
- Report: AEW Star Refused To Lose Match, Hasn’t Been Used Since
- Naomi Post-WWE New Ring Name Revealed?
- WWE To Bring Back Pay-Per-View Name?
- Update On Rumors Of Brock Lesnar Leaving WWE After WrestleMania 39
- What CM Punk Told Kenny Omega After All Out Backstage Fight
- Dustin Rhodes Opens Up About Cody Rhodes