The NEVER Openweight Six Man Tag Team Championships changed hands at the Road to the New Beginning show on January 30th. The team of Toru Yano, Togi Makabe, and Ryusuke Taguchi defeated Bullet Club to win the championships in the main event of the show in Miyagi.
Taguchi submitted Taiji Ishimori with an ankle lock to win the championships for his trio. This marks the first reign for Togi Makabe, the third reign for Ryusuke Taguchi, and the fourth reign for Toru Yano.
Bullet Club had been champions since they defeated the Young Bucks and Marty Scurll at the G1 Climax Finals. Tama Tonga, Tanga Loa, and Taiji Ishimori held the titles for 171 days and successfully defended the titles twice. This was the fourth reign for Tama Tonga, the third reign for Tanga Loa, and the first reign for Taiji Ishimori.
Ishimori is currently scheduled to defend his IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship against Ryusuke Taguchi at the New Beginning in Osaka on February 11th. It will be his first title defence since winning the title from KUSHIDA at Wrestle Kingdom 13.
There are four remaining Road to the New Beginning events before the New Beginning in Osaka event takes place. The remaining four shows are set to take place on February 6th-9th following the New Beginning in Sapporo shows which are scheduled for February 2nd and 3rd.
- road to the new beginning
- NEVER Openweight 6-man tag team championships
- new japan pro wrestling
- Bullet Club
- Ole Anderson Passes Away
- CM Punk, Jade Cargill & More: Full WWE 2K24 DLC List Revealed
- New WWE Hire Confirms He’s Joined The Company
- Jinder Mahal Shares Honest Thoughts On Tony Khan WWE Booking Comments
- Former WWE Star Clarifies Status For Sting’s AEW Retirement Match
- AEW Star Reveals Why He’s No Longer Wrestling For The Company
- Two WWE Stars Replaced In Upcoming Match
- Drew McIntyre Addresses Injury Concerns, The Bloodline & More
- WWE Star Stuck In Locker Room Ahead Of Raw
- WWE Star Says He’d ‘Definitely Consider’ Going To Sting’s AEW Retirement Match