The Briscoes defeated The Young Bucks and SoCal Uncensored in a Ladder War to win their tenth ROH World Tag Team Championships in the main event of Final Battle.
Mark and Jay Briscoe outlasted their opponents through tables, ladders, chairs, and a sledgehammer to win the match and further their record number of ROH World Tag Team championships. In the closing sequence, Nick Jackson was pushed through a table set up on the floor and Frankie Kazarian fell through a table in the ring. This left Jay Briscoe alone in the ring to retrieve the tag titles and win the match.
— SiriusXM Busted Open (@BustedOpenRadio) December 15, 2018
The Briscoes held the ROH World Tag Team Championships for most of 2018. They had won the titles from the Motor City Machine Guns in March and held them for seven months before dropping the championships to SCU in October. This title win begins their record tenth reign as ROH World Tag Team Champions. No team comes close to matching this record, as The Young Bucks and reDRagon sit in second place with three reigns each.
The match was only the seventh Ladder War in Ring of Honor history. The most recent match of this type taking place at All Star Extravaganza in 2016. This match marked the second time The Briscoes have managed to win a Ladder War in three attempts.
- Released WWE Star Claims One Person Had ‘Weird Grudge’ Against Him, Vince McMahon’s Departure ‘Killed’ His Career
- Released WWE Star Reveals They Requested Their Release
- Former World Champion To Become Free Agent Next Week
- Matt Riddle Next Move After WWE Release Revealed?
- Another Big Sign WWE Thinks Highly Of LA Knight
- Top NXT Star Expected For September 25 WWE Raw
- WWE Star Reacts To Tag Team Partner Being Released
- Real Reason For WWE Star’s Character Change
- SPOILER: AEW Star Captures Championship Title
- Update On New WWE Ring Name Fans Speculated Was For Jade Cargill