For the first time since WrestleMania 34, the Cruiserweight Championship will be defended on a WWE pay-per-view. Unless you count Greatest Royal Rumble, which, lest we forget, took place in the outstandingly beautiful, amazingly diverse, MOST INCREDIBLE CITY ON THE PLANET: JEDDAH, SAUDI ARABIA.
It has now been confirmed that current champion Cedric Alexander will defend his title against Drew Gulak at the event. The latter defeated Mustafa Ali, TJP, and Hideo Itami in a Fatal 4-Way to become the number one contender on last week’s episode of 205 Live. However, it’s yet to be confirmed if this match will be taking place on the pre-show or on the main card.
Alexander won the title at WrestleMania 34 in the finals of the critically acclaimed Cruiserweight Championship tournament against Mustafa Ali. Since then, he has successfully defended the prize against Kalisto, Buddy Murphy, and Hideo Itami. Will the ‘Master of the Gulock’ be the first to topple the champ? We’ll have to see on August 19 if Alexander is torn asunder or if Gulak lacks the attack.
- 205 live
- Cedric Alexander
- drew gulak
- mustafa ali
- Hideo Itami
- wwe summerslam
- BUDDY MURPHY
- WWE Announces Signing Of Former AEW Star Jade Cargill
- Triple H Comments On Jade Cargill Signing With WWE
- AEW Star Sends Message To Jade Cargill After Signing With WWE
- Tony Khan Comments On Jade Cargill After WWE Signing
- Jade Cargill Comments On Officially Becoming A WWE Star
- Update On Free Agent Rumored To Join WWE Or AEW
- TV Show Featuring CM Punk Canceled
- Mustafa Ali’s Replacement Against Dominik Mysterio At NXT No Mercy Revealed
- Top AEW Star Is Happy Being ‘Guinea Pig’ For ‘Crazy Stuff’
- Tony Khan Addresses NJPW Acquisition Rumors